A methodology for the creation of seed and start-up capital sources for high-tech firms in Europe following the Israeli success stories of Yozma and the Technological Incubators Programmes and its application for the Italian reality.
1.The validation of two Israeli programmes: Yozma and the Technological Incubators Programme
2. The extrapolation of principles useful for the efficient creation of seed and venture capital schemes in Europe.
3. The proposal of public schemes for the efficient creation of seed and venture capital sources in Italy.
4. The validation of a methodology for planning seed and start-up financial sources for new high-tech firms. This methodology will be checked and disseminated to prominent European policy-makers in the framework of this project
In order to plan for the creation of seed and venture capital sources for the high-tech industry, IFISE team will follow two courses of action:
1. An analysis of success stories. Yozma and the Technological Incubators programs are two extraordinary success stories that led to the creation and development of hundreds of innovative technology-based firms in Israel. Concepts that may be applicable to the Italian reality will be identified and adapted.
2. The analysis of the Italian innovation system and planning for pubic schemes. Potential for industrial activity in the different regions and the environment and financial needs of these will be identified and analyzed. Then, the most suitable financial instruments and public incentive programs will be planned analyzing the legislation covering the implementation of such programs.Once validated and experimented in Italy, this methodology may be used by other European countries